The iPhone passcode is a digital key that lets you securely lock your phone, so nobody can access your content without your permission. There are a total of 16,000 possible combinations and each combination consists of four digits. It’s easy to lose track of what codes you have set on the device, especially with the large number of options available. If you want to change or reset the passcode on your iPhone, follow these steps:.
How To Set The New Passcode
– Press and hold the power button on your iPhone until the slider appears.
– Hold down the sleep/wake and home buttons at the same time. The slider will reappear.
– If a “slide to power off” option appears, tap that button. If not, tap “slide to power off.”
– Once the passcode lock has been disabled, go to “Settings,” then “General.” Scroll all the way down to find “Passcode Lock,” then press “Set Passcode.”
– Enter your current passcode and press “Enter New Passcode.” After a few seconds, you’ll hear an audible tone for each digit you enter. Pressing a number twice sends it back to its original position. When you’ve finished entering your new passcode, enter it again just to be sure and press “Submit.”
How To Reset Your iPhone Passcode
- Press the Apple logo at the top-left corner of your iPhone screen to open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select “Touch ID & Passcode.”
- Tap “Change Passcode” on the next screen that appears.
- Enter your current passcode and then press “Next.”
- The device will ask you to enter a new passcode twice, which will be used for both the old and new passcodes.
- When you’ve successfully entered a new pass codes, it will tell you how many times you’ve tried entering it without success and offer to reset it again if needed.
Which iOS Version Do I Have?
First, you’ll need the iOS Version of your iPhone to make sure that you’re running on the correct software. You can find this information in Settings–General–About. If you don’t know what version of your iPhone you have, it’s not too late to upgrade.
Next, check to see which device you are currently using. If you’re using a computer, click on the “Settings” app on your home screen and select “Devices.”
If you’re using a mobile device, click on the Home button and select the “Settings” app from there.
What to do if you forgot your passcode
If you’re trying to remember what your passcode is, this can be a frustrating task. If you’re not sure of the passcode you are using, follow these steps:
Step One: Hold down the power button and home button on your iPhone until both shut off.
Step Two: Hold down the sleep/wake button and home button simultaneously for about 10 seconds until your phone restarts.
Step Three: Open the “slide to power off” menu and then hold down the sleep/wake key until you see an Apple logo.
Step Four: The passcode will appear on your screen after successfully restarting your phone.
What to do if you’re locked out of your device.
If you’ve been locked out of your device, it could be because you’ve forgotten the code or set a new one. In this case, these steps will help you regain access to your phone:
– Resetting the passcode: If you’re locked out of your passcode and want to reset it to a new four-digit combination, enter *#06# on your iPhone’s keypad. This will automatically preserve your current settings and change the passcode to 0000.
– Changing the passcode: If you want to change the passcode on your device, go into Settings > General > Passcode Lock and follow these steps:
- Tap “Passcode Lock” and then “Change Passcode”. The device will then prompt you for a four-digit code that’ll be used as the new passcode.
- Enter an old four-digit code if necessary, otherwise use 0000 and tap “Next”
- Enter a new four-digit code (or 0000 if not changing) and tap “Next”. If you are done setting up the new passcode, tap “Done”.